Part 5 - VpopmailPart 5 - Vpopmail > 리눅스 Tip

본문 바로가기

Part 5 - VpopmailPart 5 - Vpopmail

페이지 정보

작성자 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 댓글 0건 조회 16,772회 작성일 09-01-31 08:01

본문

Part 5 - Vpopmail

qmail mta installation guide

Vpopmail is one of the major components of this installation. Vpopmail allows us to do virtual domain mail hosting. It's got a lot of built in tools and features that make it a dream to work with. Even if you don't want to host mail for multiple domains, I would still recommend installing Vpopmail. It just makes the whole mail game easier. Plus, my installation centers around it, so if you don't install it you're going to have a headache.

PLease choose one of the following vpopmail installation options:

I would like to install vpopmail without MySQL intregation
(recommened for smaller email servers and for qmail/mysql newbies)

or

I would like to install vpopmail with MySQL integration
(Requires that mysql server be installed on your server. Recommended for larger email servers & ONLY for experienced mysql users)

So let's install it...
Vpopmail without MySQL intregation
cd /downloads/qmailrocks
tar zxvf vpopmail-5.4.13.tar.gz
cd vpopmail-5.4.13
Now let's configure vpopmail...

- Helpful Hint: Vpopmail configuration options -

The vpopmail "configure" command can have loads of options. Use "./configure --help" to see them all. In the syntax used in this installation, I specify to the type of logging that I want vpopmail to use. Vpopmail logs its activities to the server's syslog and there are several options you can use. I've used the "p" option, but feel free to adjust it to your needs. Here's are the details:
--enable-logging=n - logs nothing
--enable-logging=e - logs only errors (default)
--enable-logging=y - logs all attempts
--enable-logging=p - logs errors with passwords
--enable-logging=v - verbose. Logs all attempts with passwords
./configure --enable-logging=p
make && make install-strip
If you don't get any errors, then Vpopmail is good to go!

Wait! I'm getting an error! What do I do?

If you are using GCC version 3.x, you may get a compilation error similar to this:
In file included from vconvert.c:35:
vmysql.h:53:22: missing terminating " character
vmysql.h:60:35: missing terminating " character
make[2]: *** [vconvert.o] Error 1
If you get this error, you will need to apply a patch to Vpopmail:
patch < /downloads/qmailrocks/patches/vmysql.patch
Once you've applied the patch, try running "make" and "make install" again and you should be ok.

Proceed to Part 6 or

Vpopmail with MySQL integration

A note for NEWBIES: If you are a newbie to qmail and especially to mysql, I would strongly recommend that you NOT mess with this section and that you simply install a standard build of vpopmail. I'm not going to hold your hand on how to install mysql, how to configure mysql and how to administer a mysql server. You should only proceed with this section is you are very comfortable with mysql. I will ignore any and all newbie related questions to this section. In general, on a linux build, you will want to have both mysql-server and mysql-devel installed (along with any dependencies), but that's all l'm gonna say on the matter.
So let's install it...
If you recall, we already created a "vpopmail" system user and a "vchkpw" system group in step 2 when all the needed users and groups were created. So, now we will set up the vpopmail mysql connection config file under the vpopmail user's home directory.
mkdir ~vpopmail/etc
chown vpopmail:vchkpw ~vpopmail/etc
Obviously, you will want to substitute in your own vpopmail username and password below. You can make the username and password anything you wish.
echo "localhost|0|vpopmailuser|password|vpopmail" > ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
Now we set the proper ownership/permissions on the new mysql connection config file...
chown vpopmail:vchkpw ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
chmod 640 ~vpopmail/etc/vpopmail.mysql
The next step is to log into your mysql server as the "root" mysql user and create the vpopmail database as well as a vpopmail user with proper rights on that new database.
mysql -u root -p
Enter your mysql server's root password when prompted.
And now we create the new vpopmail database...
CREATE DATABASE vpopmail;
And we create a vpopmail user that will have access to that database.
The username and password that you create here MUST match the information that you entered in the config file above.
GRANT select,insert,update,delete,create,drop ON vpopmail.* TO vpopmailuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
And now let's quit...
quit
And let's test the new user we just created...
mysql -u vpopmailuser -p
Enter the vpopmail user's password when prompted. If you get in, you're golden. If you are denied access, you screwed up. Go back and repeat the above steps.
Ok, so that does it for the mysql setup portion. Now let's configure vpopmail to actually user the mysql functionality and then install it.
cd /downloads/qmailrocks
tar zxvf vpopmail-5.4.13.tar.gz
cd vpopmail-5.4.13
./configure --enable-logging=p --enable-auth-module=mysql --disable-passwd --enable-clear-passwd --disable-many-domains --enable-auth-logging --enable-sql-logging --enable-valias --disable-mysql-limits
make && make install-strip
If you don't get any errors, then Vpopmail is good to go! Further ahead in the installation, we'll create domains under vpopmail. At that time, if you wish, you can log back into mysql and confirm that the mysql entries have been created for the domain(s) you add.

Wait! I'm getting an error! What do I do?

If you are using GCC version 3.x, you may get a compilation error similar to this:
In file included from vconvert.c:35:
vmysql.h:53:22: missing terminating " character
vmysql.h:60:35: missing terminating " character
make[2]: *** [vconvert.o] Error 1
If you get this error, you will need to apply a patch to Vpopmail:
patch < /downloads/qmailrocks/patches/vmysql.patch
Once you've applied the patch, try running "make" and "make install" again and you should be ok.
So now let's go on to part 6...

Proceed to Part 6

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 137건 5 페이지
리눅스 Tip 목록
번호 제목 글쓴이 조회 날짜
65 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 14485 01-31
64 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 14441 01-31
63 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 15207 01-31
62 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 15343 01-31
열람중 no_profile 차동박 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 홈페이지 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 16773 01-31